Consider you Feelings on the Subject before Selecting a Topic for the Marriage Essay
An essay on marriage can be very entertaining. It can be informative and descriptive, and it can be written in any perspective. This assignment enables you to voice your opinion on marriage and also helps the reader to understand your reasons. No matter the method you use to write the marriage essay, you still need to come up with a good essay topic. What will you write about? Here are a few options that you can explore when provided with this task.
When writing this essay, you need to decide whether you will write on behalf of marriage or against it. If you are pro-marriage, here are three ways to write your essay.
• Marriage is a Pact Everyone should Try Once – Written this way, your essay should only inform the readers about making it right the first time. You can provide the reader with some tips on how to succeed in marriage and basically make it exciting and fulfilling and make your reader want to get married! Use all your persuasive essay writing skill on this one.
• Everyone is Entitled to Marry whom they Wish – This topic is a bit sensitive, and you need to handle this carefully. You can write about the benefits of same sex marriages, the problems with arranged marriages and the influence of families, problems with different castes and religion etc. It would be a plus point if you could provide a few examples, in your essay, where marriage to their selected spouse has succeeded and where forced marriages have not been successful.
• Marriage works with Compromises – Many marriages fail because one or the other of the couple refuses to make compromises. As you are pro-marriage, write a convincing marriage essay on making compromises and the negative aspects of being rigid and set in your ways, and overcoming these in order to make a marriage work.
If you are writing the essay against marriage, here are three ways to consider.
• Marriage Just Leads to Divorce – This can be written as an opinion essay. You can provide the reader with your opinion on marriage strongly stating that marriage always leads to divorce. Provide a few examples of this and also mention the effect this whole process has on offspring.
• Infidelities in Marriage – There are many stories of infidelity among married couples. This seems to be the norm. If you are voicing against marriage, this is one way to go to produce a successful essay. Once again, provide plenty of examples where one spouse has caught the other “cheating”. The best examples you can find are celebrity marriages. So, go through the internet, and you will find many examples you can use.
• Early Marriages – Many South Asian and Middle East countries betroth female children before they reach adolescence, sometimes to men who are three or four times their age. Write an essay that enables you to discuss the destroying of the child’s rights and the abuse most girls suffer at the hand of their husbands.
We have provided you with three topics for pro-marriage and three against. If you need more topic samples, please visit our sample gallery. You will find many topic lists available here including sample topics for a marriage essay.